I always want things my way and now I feel terrible about it. How can I improve?
Here is a question that I answered on Quora yesterday. It is about a habit a lot of us suffer from, so I thought you might like to read it. This is what I said. I used to be like that until I read Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself by Dr. Joe Dispenza. I knew a 948 year old savantism / pedagogy of how to avoid suicide in the short term and prevent suicide ideations reoccurring in the long term. However it was subject to the Official Secrets Acts 1911–89. So I was unable to teach it to any person who hadn’t signed the Act, which precluded anyone whom I didn't know had done so. It came out of the Official Secrets Acts cupboard on 12 May 2014 so I had written my memoirs with a view to publishing them that day, but I’m very pedantic and meticulous as I have Asperger’s Syndrome so I prevaricated about doing that. I signed up to a course on how to maximise my audience base which got me to get my drafts checked by an independent proof reader and I created a blanket of social media accounts and a website to market the books but I didn’t have a registered business to use as a platform for them. In short, I was putting stumbling blocks in my way, one after another, and it looked like I was heading into an endless spiral of prevarication to avoid going public. I don’t remember exactly what it was that finally brought me to my knees, but, I saw that book of Dr. Dispenza’s mentioned above, advertised by radio show host presenter Lisa Garr, in replays of her NeuroSummit 2013 webinar series, bought it and read it cover to cover, and realised that I was giving in to negative childish vibes from my infancy. I couldn’t put my finger on them, but, they had obviously affected me very profoundly, as I could recall examples of this self same prevarication invading my life and my work, time after time after time, slowing me down in areas of my world that least needed such obstructions, and in this case, might actually be costing human lives we could ill afford to lose. So I ordered an MP3 related guided hypno-meditation recording to accompany the book, played it that night to put me to sleep, and managed to get my memoirs published next night, and they went viral, as people were so hungry for them by then. My life has changed incredibly since then. I’ve gone from being unable to get just one person to like what I write to reaching out to over 6.4 billion readers, listeners and viewers!


Comments
Post a Comment